We conclude our previews of Grammy week with the most prestigious award. Here’s everything you need to know about the best country albums.
Riser – Dierks Bentley
The Outsiders – Eric Church
Platinum – Miranda Lambert
The Way I’m Livin’ – Lee Ann Womack
12 Stories – Brandy Clark
Any casual country fan is familiar with Bentley’s Riser, Lambert’s Platinum, and Church’s The Outsiders. However, surprisingly Church comes in as the long shot at 8/1 and Lambert sits at 4/1. It’s Bentley who’s the favorite at 3/1 with Womack at 4/1 on his heels and Clark not far behind at 5/1.
- The winner of this category is based off the album as a whole, not just the songs that were released to radio.
- Last year Kacey Musgraves pulled off the upset and took home the award, proving that radio success isn’t needed for a win.
- Platinum is the third straight album released by Miranda Lambert to be nominated for this award.
- Eric Church has never won a Grammy award, but he came closest in 2012 when Chief was beaten out by Lady Antebellum’s Own the Night.
- Clark is the only artist who hasn’t been nominated for the award in the past.
When Kacey Musgraves won this award a year ago it proved that anything can happen. We think the same will happen this year when Brandy Clark takes home the award for her record 12 Stories.