It’s Grammy’s week. Each day we’re going to preview a different category so you know everything you need to come Sunday night. Today we take a look at the award for best country duo or group performance.
“Raise ‘Em Up” – Keith Urban & Eric Church
“Gentle on My Mind” – The Band Perry
“Day Drinking” – Little Big Town
“Somethin’ Bad” – Miranda Lambert & Carrie Underwood
“Meanwhile Back at Mama’s” – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
Keith Urban and Eric Church are the favorite to take home the hardware as we near the show at 4/1. Not far behind is The Band Perry at 5/1 and Little Big Town at 6/1 respectively. From there it’s Miranda and Carrie at 8/1 and Tim McGraw and Faith Hill come in as the long shots at 10/1.
- The winner of this category is based off of the artists performance. Unlike many of categories which award the artist and the producer/songwriter.
- Lambert and Underwood are nominated individually for best solo performance.
- It would be second Grammy Award for vocal power group Little Big Town.
- With a win The Band Perry would capture their first Grammy Award, despite being nominated in both 2011 and 2012.
- 2015 marks only the fourth time the award has been presented.
There’s really no bad song in this group. Underwood and Lambert bring a different pace to the group and thus make them a dark horse to take home the award. However, we think the winner will be the long shot Tim McGraw and Faith Hill with “Meanwhile Back at Mama’s.”