It’s Grammy’s week. Each day we’re going to preview a different category so you know everything you need to come Sunday night. We’re starting the week off with best country solo performance.
“Automatic” – Miranda Lambert
“Cop Car” – Keith Urban
“Something in the Water” – Carrie Underwood
“Invisible” – Hunter Hayes
“Give Me Back My Hometown” – Eric Church
Lambert and Urban enter the final week as the favorites to win the award at 4/1. From there Underwood is 6/1, Hayes’ is 8/1, and Eric Church is the biggest gamble at 10/1. What do we make of such odds? Not much. It’s clear that Miranda Lambert will be tough to beat in any category this year, however Underwood’s performance was slightly stronger making her a strong bet given the odds.
- The winner of this category is based off of the artists performance. Unlike many of categories which award the artist and the producer/songwriter.
- Lambert will look to capture her second award in this category with a win, she won previously won in 2011 with “The House That Built Me.”
- It would be the first Grammy Award for both Church and Hayes.
- A win would give Keith Urban an impressive five Grammy Award and Underwood her seventh.
- 2015 marks only the fourth time the award has been presented.
The safe pick would be to choose one of the females nominated, however there’s no denying that the critics loved Eric Church’s work over the past year. He may get snubbed in the other categories, which is why we think he’ll take home the award here.